I’m Jeff Carpenter, a software engineer in San Francisco. My main interests are infrastructure, cryptography, and ML. I work on open source infrastructure for the Chromium project as a member of the Google Chrome team.
Around the Internet
- My arch-nemesis @horse_jcarp is (regrettably) on Twitter.
- I started an Instagram, @jeffcarp_zh, to practice Mandarin.
- I run @jlptdaily3 a Twitter bot that tweets vocabulary for the JLPT N3 test.
Feedback and Comments
I’m looking for feedback on anything I write here. This blog intentionally does not have a comment system but I’m happy to publish any responses I receive alongside a post. You can contact me by reaching out on Twitter.
Things I Recommend
- HTTPS Everywhere, a browser extension that rewrites insecure HTTP requests to use HTTPS, and optionally blocks all HTTP requests.
- John Allspaw’s blog post On Being a Senior Engineer.