I’m Jeff Carpenter, a software engineer in San Francisco. My main interests are cryptography, machine learning, and metaengineering. I work on open source infrastructure for the Chromium project as a member of the Google Chrome team.
I’m looking for feedback on anything I write here. This blog intentionally does not have a comment system but I’m happy to publish any responses I receive alongside a post. You can contact me by reaching out on Twitter.
Here are, in my completely biased opinion, a few of my best posts:
- How to Solve Every Software Engineering Interview Question
- Measuring My Chinese Progress
- Understanding the Security of Cryptographic Hash Functions
Current Side Projects
- @horse_jcarp is a neural network-powered Twitter bot trained on my Tweets, blog posts, and a bunch of other random stuff. He is my arch-enemy.
- I have an Instagram, @jeffcarp_zh, to practice Mandarin.
Read about my past side projects here.
- Chrome Security Architecture September 2017, Code Chrysalis, Tokyo
- Web Payments October 2016, SF Payments Engineers Meetup, San Francisco
Things I Recommend
Here are a couple completely random things I recommend: