Hi, I'm Jeff Carpenter, a software engineer living in San Francisco.
I currently build machine learning tools at Waymo. Prior to that I was at Google on the Chrome team. Prior to that, see my LinkedIn.
Here are a few of my most read posts:
- Build a Markov Chain Sentence Generator in 20 lines of Python
- How are Words Represented in Machine Learning?
- How to Solve Every Software Engineering Interview Question
- Understanding the Security of Cryptographic Hash Functions
- I started wpt.fyi, a data platform for making browsers more API compatible.
- Various contributions to Chromium and Chromium infrastructure.
- To see further detailed work experience please request my resume.
- Bands: Air, Mild High Club, Vulfpeck, Yann Tiersen, Zero 7… my taste in music is basically the sountrack to the movie Garden State.
- Books (novels): Everything I Never Told You, A Little Life, The People in the Trees
- Books (non-fiction): Bad Blood, Salt Fat Acid Heat, The Manager’s Path, Reinforcement Learning (Winder), A Year in Provence
- Movies: The Big Lebowski, Primer, Rushmore, Waking Life